Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Weary

I am all out of faith right now. I am so weary with believing and not seeing results. Oh, I know that God hears and answers each prayer. But how long must I wait? How long must dreams lay dormant before You resurrect them?

Please forgive my unbelief Lord. I cannot muster any faith at this point. I believe Your Word is true. But why does it not come to pass? Why is there only silence echoed in my prayers?

I am so tired of waiting for promises to be fulfilled. I feel as if I have been waiting forever.

There is no formula for faith. No step-by-step instructions. I feel as if I always take the rough path rather than a smooth road. I feel as if I am in a country where I do not know the language, yet I am expected to participate in a complicated business transaction. I feel lost.

Perhaps it is all the old questions that are raised anew. Ones that didn't get answered before, rather they were shoved aside so that I could go on with life. They rise from sepulchres of disbelief where I had buried them, bidden by resurrected sorrow and pain.

And so, I hold on to what little hope still smolders as embers in my heart:

"This too shall pass."

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Sending many warm hugs! I know that probably isn't what you are needing right now, but wish it would help!

Take care!