Thursday, April 10, 2008

Celebrating Six Years!

My beloved and I have been married for six years today. Wow! Sometimes I feel like it has been twenty and other times I feel like I just said "I do".

I am so grateful for my husband. He is a blessing to me and our children. Words fail at this point to convey my feelings for him. I love him. He is my perfect complement in every respect. And there have been days when I didn't think we would ever make it to this point. God is good. And as we, Mr. Querido and I, like to say, "We are committed to being committed even if it gets us COMMITTED!" Some days the asylum seemed like a very real possibility...LOL! Yes, we drive each other crazy, but we wouldn't have it any other way. Our marriage is definitely not boring! I am constantly discovering something new about my husband.

Latest thing I didn't know about him... he likes CURLY hair. Guess what kind of hair I have...yup...stick straight! Six years I have slept next to this man and looked at him from across the table. Six years and just today I find out he likes CURLY HAIR...lol! So now I've got to figure out a way to make my hair meet his request. Sigh. Even perms fall out! Any ideas? Curling irons don't work either.

What are we doing to celebrate our anniversary? Not much of anything..LOL! He has school tonight and we are on a tight budget. I plan on making a nice dinner for us to share (hopefully the kids will cooperate and be ASLEEP) and he'll probably be so exhausted (he gets up at 6am and won't get home until 9:30pm) that we'll just fall asleep. Ah, romance. LOL

Nevertheless, I am grateful to be married to a faithful, loving, committed and kind husband. Besides, celebrating is what you make out of it, right?

No comments: