Well, after much deliberation on my part, and a LOT of prayer, I sent off my letter to my dad. In it I told him if he wanted to communicate, we could start via email.
I am pretty sure he would have received it by now. So every day, I check my email. Hoping that there is something from him. I even check my spam.
Still nothing.
A part of me must learn to accept the fact that he might not want a relationship with me. He might just want to keep living his life the way he has and forget the messy, complicated part of being a parent.
Or maybe he is just trying to find the right words to say...
Whatever the outcome, I know that God will sustain me and that even if my earthly father abandons me, my Heavenly Father never will.
This Wednesday, the 31st, is my dad's sixty-second birthday. I gave him the only gift I could. It didn't come with a bow or very prettily wrapped. In fact there were no strings attached.
Forgiveness. I gave my dad forgiveness.
Happy Birthday Dad.
2 comments:
I hope you are going to hear from your father!
Mrs. Q,
I'm catching up...
This is so beatiful!
Post a Comment