Thursday, June 12, 2008

Night

Night falls into an ebony void
All is black; everything silent.
Not a sound issues from the earth
Nor from the sky above.
Just the silence of the stars
And their celestial companion, Luna.
Her dullish gleam adds light to the inky quiet
And her round face adds words to the silence:
"Play little stars
Sparkle here and there
Frolic in the heavens
Until it comes time for you to disappear."
The young stars delight in their play
Their heavenly thoughts of causing bright
To appear to the silent earth beneath.
They twirl round and round
Watching their illuminated gowns swirl
In beams of laughterish light.

Copyright 1997 J.N. Gallegos

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jannak said...

Wow! I knew you could write your heart well in articles about specific topics, or even in memorials...but you said that you couldn't write poetry! Come on girl! I love poetry! Sometimes I just sit and read it to calm my soul...and your's are some of the best I have read! The imagery and the creativity with words is wonderful! WRITE MORE POEMS TOO!
J

Precision Quality Laser said...

Thanks for being my cheerleader! I don't write a lot of poetry any more...to busy to muse I guess. But I have more I will share. I'm glad you are enjoying it! :)

Precision Quality Laser said...

Oops...I mean "TOO busy" to muse..lol!